Earth Week Festivities

Today we went to the culminating Earth Fest activities at UChicago. We ate locally grown apples, organic bananas, manna bread, and some delicious hummus. Cora colored a reusable shopping bag, and I smelled an array of delightful hand-dipped soaps from a local store. It was wonderful to get out of the house and take a good, long walk.

I love to walk. I will miss walking everywhere when I leave Chicago. Maybe. You just watch me walk the streets of Oklahoma City to get to where I need to go - and literally the streets. OKC is lacking in sidewalks, but hopefully that will soon be remedied with the MAPS improvements.

Afterward, we went to our favorite local restaurant, Medici, and ate our favorite pizza, spinach with goat cheese. We enjoyed the leftovers for dinner with a salad we made this evening. Boston lettuce with red bell pepper. Simple.

Next Saturday, May 1st, my little family is taking part in Pick Up Trash Day. This event was inspired by a friend's daughter (follow the link for more information). It's a good excuse to get outside and make a difference in your community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top