Practice

I'm a worrier. Mostly about things I have no control over. Usually either the future or the past.

About this time of year four years ago, I discovered that yoga could help combat my inner worrier. For however long I'm on my mat working through asanas, my mind and body are fully engaged in the present. This has been so good for me.

Here's a portion of my [Surya Namaskara - (sun salutation]: 

[Adho Mukha Svanasana - (downward-facing dog]





































[Phalakasana - (plank]





































[Chaturanga - (four-limbed staff pose]






































[Urdhva Mukha Svanasana - (upward facing dog]
Yoga is all about me learning more about me. And the magic is that the more I learn about me, the more I understand about so many things outside of myself. I can work on something new or go back to poses I think I know by heart, feeling my way through them, making new connections between my mind, body, and spirit, and finding they feel new again. 

This is a sequence from [Prasarita Padottasasana - (wide-legged forward bed] into [Sirsasana II - (tripod headstand].











It's an on-going practice. As cliché as it may be, yoga reminds me that the journey is far more important than the destination. My work will never be done. It helps me understand the value of right now. It's constant mix of old and new that helps me continue on in my evolution. In my becoming. 

[Eka Pada Rajakapotasana - (pigeon pose]






































A series of asanas I'm working on:

[Astavakrasana - (eight-limbed pose] - My hips need more lift.






































Double jumping into [Adho Mukha Vrksasana - (handstand] - Yep...



1 comment:

  1. You're impressive and inspiring and I miss you like crazy. Also, I'm glad yoga helps your worrier side. We all need something that helps ease our anxieties.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top