Ears and Eyes

We've been in OKLAHOMA for one week and four days. (I'm writing this on my phone, and autocorrect continues to automatically capitalize OKLAHOMA, so I've decided I'm just going to leave it that way. Every time.)

Much has happened, but the reason for being up in the middle of the night is what I'm going to focus on because it's at the forefront of my mind. After three really long hours of pain and pressure, my right eardrum ruptured just before dinner. The actual rupture was a huge relief in the pain/pressure department. My ear has continued to drain "stuff" throughout the night (if you really want to know, it's been a combination of pus and blood).

It started hurting enough again that I stopped being able to sleep through it around 3AM. The pain continued to progress, so I finally lifted myself out of bed around 3:30 to seek relief. I went into the bathroom, and there had to work through opening my eyes. Literally. The other rad part of the story is that I have pinkeye for the first time in my life. (Both eardrums ruptured when I was 8 or 9, so at least I have experience to know that it's not as scary as it sounds - though I don't remember it being quite this painful.) I rubbed warm water on my eyelids and lashes until they parted so I could see what I was doing. I went for some Tylenol and Sudafed. And then put a bit of Vick's on a cotton ball and placed that in my ear. I'm now back in bed with a heating pad along the side of my head and throat. And I'm up at 5AM typing away because it seemed like an okay thing to do.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a doctor tomorrow, er, today, despite my long running fear of ever needing one while in Holdenville.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top