Some Days

Some days, you get a message from a person you went to high school with asking if you know a certain person. And sometimes your response is, “Yes, he’s my biological grandfather whom I’ve never met.”

And his response is, “He’s my biological grandpa too.”

And you’re like “Holy Expletive!” And all of a sudden you have another cousin and uncle.

And then you call your biological father to tell him he has an older brother who wants to get in touch. And during that conversation your father starts talking about this other daughter, and you think he’s talking in hypotheticals, but your brain starts wondering, and you’re like “Wait, you have another daughter?”

And he’s like, “Yes.”

And you think, “Holy Expletive!” But you say, “So I have a sister?!”

And in the same phone call you are telling your dad that he has another brother, he’s telling you that you have a sister.

Wow.

PS: I’m relieved I never crushed on the boy in high school who was my first cousin all along.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top