Spill the Beans

We're going to have a baby. Today was amazing. I had my first ultrasound and second prenatal appointment. The ultrasound was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

Okay, just to clarify now: I have instinctively been calling the baby "she." We don't REALLY know what we're having yet. So my references to she and her are just me following my gut for now. I really have no preference about the sex of our baby.

I am carrying the cutest baby ever ;)! During the ultrasound she was moving all over, I call it dancing. She would surge and move and it tickled me, not literally. It made my heart happy. I could see her waving her arms around and kicking her legs about. The best part, for me, was looking at her little hands. You can actually see her fingers, ALL OF THEM! Except that she usually has her thumbs tucked. And she has a sweet little belly and a wonderfully large head. I think she has a pointy chin, I credit that to Jake. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER (or him)!!! I'm giddy. After the ultrasound I met with my doctor and we listened to her heart. It sounded like standing right next to a train as it goes by. Perfect.

Aside from all of the wonderful things that happened today, I am hoping to leave the whole sickness thing behind really soon. I started throwing up pretty much right after we found out. I'll have to admit that my last blog had a great deal to do with a craving. I actually haven't had many. The very thought of food has turned my stomach. I can now think of it, but it still isn't always my friend. Instead of throwing up 3-4 times a day, I'm down to about that much per week, though I think its on its way out - I HOPE! I've put some videos on youtube. I recorded parts of the ultrasound and the heartbeat for Jake. I've watched them so many times today. Anywho, it's way passed my 9 o'clock bedtime. Yes, I'm that tired every night.

Here are the links for youtube:

The first two are different sections of the ultrasound and the last is the heartbeat and my doctor too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNJLoLxNPWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQX5kAvZUvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw9TkqJPuRk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top