Pumpkin Pie

I love pumpkin pie! I ate a bunch of it on Thanksgiving and over the weekend, but it wasn't enough. I made another one tonight. I also made a double batch of salsa last night. Mmm, salsa is my favorite food....even though pumpkin pie and salsa being mentioned so close together is kind of making me gag. ;)

I was so tired today at school. I went to bed much later than I should have. I am counting down the weeks to Christmas Break. I feel just like a student still. 19 school days left.

On my way to work this morning I saw the saddest thing. There was a small white dog lying at the side of the road. He had a faithful friend, almost a twin, who was circling around him. It broke my heart. I had to call Jake before I got to school so I wouldn't cry. I've been getting increasingly more emotional. I've really been doing so well. Pregnancy has made me much more calm. I'm more patient...I don't let things get under my skin much...but I have such an increased sentimentality. Lately the cause of freely flowing tears has been the thought of Jake not being around. It's not worry over what I would do as far as survival/finances go...but who would I talk to? And who would ever understand me the way he does? I think that's a pretty common thing to experience during pregnancy, but it's so consuming. I try to refocus my thoughts when I feel the water works coming on. I never thought I could feel love so much...and I know it will only continue to grow. I am so blessed. Blessed feels like such an understatement. I can't imagine having a better marriage. I thank God everyday for Jake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top