Whimsical

I fancy myself a woman of whimsy.

(It should be noted that up until recently there was a small war inside my head when it came to identifying myself as "woman." I generally stuck to girl or gal.)

The other day I was in the company of two friends. Cora was doing something silly, and Friend One said, "I can't believe how much she's laughing." Friend Two said, "She's goofy like her mother."

That was probably one of the biggest compliments I've ever received.

I let them in on a secret. There were two things I prayed for before Cora was born. They weren't necessities for love or anything, but just random requests. One: "It would be okay if she has chubby cheeks." Check. Two: "It would be okay if she's a little weird like me."

Check.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top