Sweet Baby

A few days ago, Magnolia handed me something and said, "Here, Pretty Baby." And today while we were eating lunch, she handed me some chips and said, "Here, Sweet Baby."

This just makes me go all kind of gushy. Not only does it make me feel happy to be called these sweet things, but I love that she says it to me because I say it to her. It means something to her. It's easy to get hung up on the negative interactions I have with my girls (like when I'm not as kind as I should be), but this was a good reminder that the positive outweighs the negative, and that positive interactions come in moments that just happen. They happen because of the love we have for one another.

I took them to the doctor this morning. Magnolia has croup and was given a steroid shot. Cora was a little more complex. She had an initial virus - her throwing up/fever from the weekend. Then she developed a secondary infection later in the week. Does anyone care to guess where? Her right ear. Surprise? Not at all. We've let her get over numerous ear infections on her own because she came with such frequency when she was younger, but with how sick she was this week, I decided that antibiotics were a good route this time. I discussed antibiotic options with her doctor because she throws up when she takes liquid meds. We settled on a capsule form of amoxicillin. I open one up and put it in a drink or on some food twice a day. She wanted chips and salsa for lunch. She ate it with her medicine mixed into the salsa, no problem. I was relieved.

I love my sweet little babes, and I hope they feel super spectacular soon.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried garlic oil in the ears to cure the ear infections? I worked like a dream every time when i was a kid and my mom swears by it... we haven't had to deal with that yet here. If not, and you are interested, email me and I can give you the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do use an ear oil. It's a combo of garlic, olive, and something else I can't remember. It worked the last time we needed it. I wish I would have known about it earlier in her life when she was averaging an ear infection every month and a half.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top