Ms. President - A Conversation with Cora

A conversation with Cora -

Mom, why can't females be president?
Me: They can be.
C: How do you know?
Me: Don't you believe anything I say?
C: Yes, but 44 presidents, and no girls?
Me: [In my head: "touché" and an expletive]: Well, it might happen soon.


We went on to talk about Hillary Clinton running in 2008, not getting the party nomination, but that she's running again. There are certainly women who have run, and been their tiny party's nomination, but I didn't bring them up just yet. I don't want her to see how stacked the odds have been. All politics aside, I need there to be a Ms. President. I have a point to prove to our daughters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top