Wedding dresses and slouching

I was just looking at a picture of Jake and I on our wedding day, mostly noting my dress...the one I cried a little in as soon as I got out to the big mirrors and knew it was just right. When we drove from the church to the temple, where the particular picture I was looking at was taken, my dress was piled in so high that I couldn't see the dashboard underneath it. I would really like to have my dress weighed. It was a two piece...about halfway through the ceremony I wanted to just sit down because my skirt was so heavy it felt like I was breaking in half at my waist. It's so fun to be there in my memory and living the life that day led to now in reality. That day I wore a dress that was a size 2 but cost about $300 dollars extra in alterations to be made a lot smaller. I won't mention the exact size of the jeans I tried on today but was relieved that they were still a bit too big, though the size just lower were quite snug. I was proud of my self control after dinner when I passed up the ice cream.

I have terrible posture. It's something I've been trying to deny for a very long time...whenever people start becoming concerned with how someone else is standing. I know why. My torso is very long, and while people have constantly been telling me to stand up straight, they were also, until quite recently, telling me to pull my shirt down. They couldn't have it both ways, so slouching it was (if I stood up straight with my shoulders back, my shirt went up a few inches). I have tall girl syndrome at the soaring height of 5'3 1/4." I'm really working on it. If anyone knows where to find long shirts that aren't button up, I'd really appreciate it, so would my back. I'm glad that really long shirts/camis with sweaters and shrugs are trendy now...maybe I can keep 'em in for the next few decades or so. It would be very nice.

Oh yeah, and Jake and I got our books for this semester, which I'm really excited about it starting. I have 12 books so far for my classes, but I still need to get one. Yipee! I feel like I need a locker in college. That might be the role played our car, Lucy, strategically placed in a "legal" parking situation along my way...which will be hard because all of my classes ended up being in one building...maybe I can make a cove in a corner or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top