Teacher

I was pouring myself a glass of water from the Brita pitcher we keep in the fridge. Magnolia was cradled in one arm, and Cora was sleeping. The water was chasing a peanut butter bar. They are a weakness of mine, and this is the second batch since Tracey has been here.

Have I mentioned that my hips are about two sizes bigger at the moment? They are. This didn't happen after Cora. I don't know if it's just from weight gain, or if it's a side effect of a vaginal delivery. You know, pushin' a baby through rather than having her lifted out of my abdomen. At any rate, peanut butter bars and water it is...and the 6 pecan pancakes I ate for breakfast at The Original Pancake House.

When I placed my empty glass on the counter, I looked up and saw a name tag from my days as a teacher. Did you know I was a teacher? I was. A high school English teacher. I call it my life before I became a mother. I have a magnetic name tag to prove it, and it lives on my refrigerator. I wore that with pride and seeing the word "Teacher" with "Northwest Classen High School" written underneath it brought a wave of bittersweet.

I love that place.

I love those kids.

My freshman are going to be seniors in the 2010-2011 school year. Wow! Time flies. I'm so thankful we'll be back in Oklahoma City. I'd been trying to figure out how I could get there for graduation with two kids and Jake in school. Now I won't have to worry about it.


Teacher/Mother - With the exception of having to get dressed in the morning - they're very much the same.

Northwest Classen "Knights"

3 comments:

  1. are you moving back to OK or just visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are moving back at the end of July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my body was very different after having babies. I had to say goodbye to the jr section after having Ryan. I'm glad that you are movign back. It sounds like you really enjoy it there.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top