It Takes a Village - Help Tyson and Tracy Adopt!

Tyson and Tracy are my cousin and his wife. They have been married for over nine years. After a long patch of being unable to get pregnant, they started trying to adopt three years ago. They've encountered a plethora of obstacles, but just a short time ago were given some news they'd been waiting to hear: A young woman had selected them as the family to raise her baby. She is due in six weeks, which is why Tyson and Tracy came to their family and friends for help. They won't have all of the funds required to make this a reality by the time this baby boy arrives. We're trying to get as many people as possible to help in whatever way they can. I know they will appreciate any form or generosity.
Click here for direct access to the facebook page they created.


Finally, I want to leave you with their story, which is also available to read on their facebook page. I'll keep you updated on their story as it continues to unfold.

"I'm not very good at sharing personal experiences or letting the whole world know what’s going on, or asking for help for that matter, but I am about to do all of these things.

I don't know how many of you know our story but here is the short version: Tyson and I have been married over 9 years now, with no luck or even sign of a child, and have been trying to adopt for over 3 years with one problem after the other from the very beginning, even with our paper work nothing has gone the way it is supposed to. Our Social Worker even told someone that we have probably had the worst experience ever!

We had actually gotten to the point where we decided it would either work out or it wouldn’t; we were tired of fighting everything along the way.

Last Thursday, we received a call from our Social worker telling us a young woman had picked our profile and wanted to meet with us. I was in disbelief at what was happening as I listened to the things he was telling me. I can explain the anxiety and nervousness that was building up just waiting to hear when we were going to meet.

Well, it was Monday. I was very nervous. Tyson wasn't nervous until we actually walked in the room and met this young woman. Then it finally became real to him.

It is a very interesting experience to meet with someone you are hoping will like you, and decide that you are the family she wants to give her baby to. It's even worse when you leave still not knowing what she has decided, and you hope from her reactions that it was all positive.

This is the reason we have waited to let all of you know this situation -- because we were unsure of it going anywhere.

We have received a few emails from this young woman and feel like this could really happen. I would love to wait and make sure, but it is never a sure thing with adoption. She has 72 hours after the baby is born to change her mind.

The other catch we have, and I always kind of felt would happen, is the time frame. The baby is due in about 6 weeks, which means we could be expecting the arrival in the next 4 to 8. You know how indecisive those babies are on when they want to come out. :)

Putting this on facebook is my letting the whole world know my personal experiences, and now I ask for help. Adoption is not cheap, and although we have been trying to save when possible, we definitely don't have enough at this time to get this baby in a few weeks, so we are asking for all of your help.

Whether it is a fundraising idea, a donation, just your help in putting on a fundraiser, we are all ears.

We put a paypal button on our facebook page if you would like to donate that way. Please let everyone know. I know they say it takes a village to raise a baby, well this time it is going to take a village to get the baby. :) We love you all and are very grateful for your support in this.

By the way, the baby is a BOY! I figured you all might like to know that little bit of information, too.

As time goes on, the more I know, the more you will know. I will post our experiences as we go along."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top