John Fullbright and Patty Griffin

He didn't sing Me Wanting You, and I didn't eat any key lime pie, but John Fullbright and Patty Griffin = perfection.















The cherry on top of this evening was that I drove back to a home where Mary Fallin isn't governor. [That would not be the case if I still lived in Oklahoma.]

My favorite new songs they played were Patty's "Mando Song no.1" and John's "Stars."  When I was listening to Stars, I closed my eyes and thought of my friend Dan.

Well I’ve seen stars before
I’ve looked up and felt empty
I’ve looked up and felt nothing
I’ve looked up and felt sorrow
Like I was alone 
But tonight I looked up
To the stars brightly shining
And I felt like I was something
In the eyes of god as he smiled 
But I’ve known God before
One time he told me he made me
Told me he loved me
Told me not to be afraid of dying
But one day I looked up
And my sky was empty
And the world kept on turning
And I was forever alone 
But I’ve known love before
I’ve loved and I’ve been loved
I’ve loved and I’ve lost love
I found out that love was just God almighty
And love burns brightly
Just like stars up in heaven
To remind us that love means that nobody dies alone 
Oh I’ve seen stars before
Mando Song


My best attempt at the lyrics:

I’m gonna let it be the field
One that rain forgot
I’m gonna let it be the summer
I’m gonna let it be your face
The one that ran away
I’m gonna let it be forever
I’m gonna let it rain and hail
Gonna let the rusty nail
No longer hold this world together
I’m gonna let it be the sun
In more ways than one
Shine a different way tomorrow
Shine a different way tomorrow 
I’m gonna let it be the moon
Gonna let it play a tune
The one that keeps repeating
I’m gonna let it be your will
Let it have your thrill
If that’s what you were needing 
 I’m gonna let it start again
Gonna let it chase the wind
With my arms stretched out before me
I’m gonna let it look at me
As I am sleepin’ in the dark
And love me like a baby 
I’m gonna let it be the sun
In more ways than one
Run out of its horizon
I’m gonna let it be the night
For I have had my day
Dancin’ at the back door 
I’m gonna let it hear the prayer
No matter who is there
No matter who is listening 
I’m gonna let the dream tell me
For it has always known

The moonlight and the glistening
The moonlight and the glistening
The moonlight and the glistening waves

1 comment:

  1. That mando song was my favorite song tonight! I went online to try to find more info on it and stumbled onto your blog. You're fast! Thanks for posting the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top