All of my day wrapped up in my poetry workshop

I was sitting in class talking to my friend, Erin, and said I thought that Andrew and Avery, also in the class would make an interesting couple. I'd been thinking about ot for a while but never brought it to light. We happened to be critiquing one of Avery's poems later on in that nearly three-hour class and there was this mysterious "she" who was never really given a name or identity beyond that. It turned out to be her girlfriend. I felt a little put out that not only was I assessing a possible accurate couple, but had gone for the wrong gender entirely and hadn't a clue. On my pretend match-making skill rant, there is a guy here, his name is John Jacob Lee, and he reminds me so much of Sam. I believe he is a senior. I think they would be great friends, if nothing more (He's a music theatre major).
Oh, and the afore mentioned Andrew is one who I've been meaning to talk about for a while -- His physical appearance is somewhere between Nathaniel and Brett Houser, the way he acts and the things he says is somewhere between Nathaniel and Michael Moore. He's a very interesting fellow. I believe he's double majoring in English and Philosophy.

I had more to say today, but don't know if I feel like saying it, but I will...I don't have anything better to do.

I found out yesterday that another one of my friends is pregnant. She is really great. I'm always so proud of her. Sometimes I feel like she's a little duckling under my wing. She didn't come from the greatest, she's making her way through school, double majoring (Criminal Justice/Psychology) and working two jobs. She's also on the stomp team. Anyway. She's 18 and lives with her boyfriend, so it's not like she's totally alone. I just remember talking to Jake one day about how cool it was that she was doing all that she was and said something like, if she got pregnant it could be a catastrophe to all that she's working so hard for. Like this was about two weeks that I said that. Anyway. I don't know that I think it's a catastrophe because it's reality now, and also because I think all babies come when they're supposed to, but I just hope that she'll attain all of her dreams, she deserves it so much. She'll be one who I send a card to on Jamie's April 7th card day. Also, I think I'm so glad it's not me. The more I hear about giving birth the more I get F-reaked out about it. There's a lady who goes to my church who after giving birth to her four pound, some-odd ounce baby, had a four inch long internal tear. I can't even imagine. My greatest dream/aspiration is to be a mom, but right now, I just can't even fathom it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top