Los Politicos

This election is so exciting to me, as I'm sure it is for everyone else. I couldn't wait for 9:00 PM to roll around for the past two weeks so I could see the important speeches from both conventions. I've been following all of the issues for each candidate (and all of the ones who've been "weeded out") since/as they announced their intention to run. I was sad to see some go, as well as ecstatic to see others finally concede. Overall, I think we're left with two fair contenders, and I can't wait to see how it will all play out. I'm pretty certain about who I'm going to vote for. For a while I kept going back and forth, still leaning to the side I'm leaning on now. One candidate really speaks to my everyday life, while the other speaks to my ideals. I've always called myself a Conservative Liberal. On government size and fiscal matters, I swing to the right side of moderate. On social and environmental issues, however, I would be lying if I tried to keep any part of my middle of the road stance. I am the same girl who always knew when Earth Day was coming - and treated it with a sort of reverence. I love, though think it was far too long in coming, that it's now "cool" to be green. And I am the woman who says to myself "Humanos son Humanos" when the subject of illegal immigrants comes up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top