Christmas Challenge

A friend from Oklahoma presented a Christmas Challenge. I thought it was a good one. The challenge is to start reading Luke on December 1 and read a chapter a day finishing on December 24. It's a nice way to remember the true spirit of the season. I wasn't going to do it at first because I just finished reading Luke not long ago, and had moved on to 3 Nephi, also about Christ's life from a different perspective. As I was reading last night, I couldn't help thinking about the challenge and found my way wandering back to Luke. I read Chapter 3 for December 3, and wanted to share a little bit of what stood out to me.

Luke 3 is where Jesus is baptized by John the baptist. The two verses I loved come from what John the Baptist is telling the people about baptism. The people had just asked him how to avoid the devastation of sin.

Verse 11 says: He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

Verse 14: And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

I loved these tidbits of advice for how to live and thought that these verses went beautifully together. In BrieAnn's sum it up world: Always be willing to give to others, treat all fairly, and be content with what you have. I really like the last part of 14. That is SO HARD sometimes.

This challenge will be fun. I didn't start on time, I just jumped in on the chapter of the day I started, and if I'm feeling super human (that's a stretch), I'll go back and make up for what I missed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top