Monday Morning

Cora is still snoozing away. Daylight Savings and a trip to Labor & Delivery around her bedtime on Saturday night threw her off a little. Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a fan of Daylight Savings? I grew up in Arizona. Our time never changes. One should not be able to change time.

The trip to L&D was brought on by contractions every three minutes for over an hour. And then it was over two hours, and then three, and then they started to space out. A miracle, I tell you. I hung out in a hospital for two weeks with Cora while doctors tried several different treatments to get contractions to stop. No luck. The fantastic part this time is that my cervix is still closed. Yay for a closed cervix when I'm 24 weeks along (closer to 25, and that's important).

Jake left for work approximately three minutes before I sat down to write this. He's playing for the Music Theatre of Wichita (MTW) auditions here in Chicago. He used to play for them in OKC, and once, we went to Wichita for him to play there. Wichita has great food. And the people who run MTW are awesome. I'm glad he gets to hang out with them for two days. This week is also his finals week, and then guess what?

"What?"

We'll be in Oklahoma on Friday night. And we will be there for one week. Yay Spring Break. And we're scheming. More on that later.

Did I mention that Cora is still snoozing? In her newly converted toddler bed? We converted it yesterday afternoon after we heard a crash. We've been lucky that she has never tried to get out of her crib before. First time is the charm. She was okay, a little scuff on her ear. After she calmed down, she told us the story of how it happened. It involved pointing to her crib and lots of arm motions. I think that, despite the initial fear, she was proud of herself. It took me a long time to fall asleep last night, knowing that my little baby was in a "big girl" bed. As much as I think it's obnoxious that we change time in order to control that which is really beyond control, there are moments when I wish it wasn't always marching steadily forward.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have kids but I think them sleeping in a bit is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything is okay with little miss Magnolia and Cora. Asher crawled out of his crib the other day but luckily got stuck and screamed for me before he got the chance to check out the floor. I'll be praying for you and Magnolia.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top