Today's Joy and Pizza Dough

Joy is sparkly shoes. Today I got some sequined sandals. They are lovely. I didn't even wait for them to go on sale like I'd originally planned. Jake was with me, he talked me into it. He also decided I needed a pair of grey heels with a sweet ruffle trim.

Joy is food. I've been enjoying a lot more of it lately. One of my all-time favorite things is homemade pizza. I could eat it all day every day. The possibilities are endless. This is my favorite pizza dough recipe [I've tried quite a few]:

1 package active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1 Tbl kosher salt
2 Tbl olive oil
2 1/2 C flour - I use unbleached all-purpose.

In a medium bowl, combine yeast, water, and sugar. Leave it there to work its magic for 5-10 minutes until it looks foamy.
Add salt, olive oil, and flour
[I usually start with 2 cups of flour and add small amounts from there based on how the dough looks. It usually ends up with 2.5-3 cups all together.]
Mix it all together until it makes a ball-like formation.
Give it a few kneads until dough [ball-like formation] is smooth and elastic.
Rub it lightly with olive oil and put it in a bowl covered with plastic wrap/towel.
Let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.

When it's done rising, split dough into three [You are so lucky you get three crusts out of this!].
Roll it out until it's nice and thin [about 1/8 inch].
Place it on pan.
Brush top light coat of olive oil.
Add whatever toppings float your boat.
Bake at 500 for 12-15 minutes

My current favorite toppings are ricotta [in place of pizza sauce], mozzarella or Monterrey jack [if you've never tried MJ cheese on a pizza, please do], and artichokes. I also love a classic Margherita [mozzarella, basil, fresh tomatoes - thinly sliced, and always with a thin layer of ricotta under the mozzarella].

Joy is my little family. Have I ever said how amazing my husband is? Jake is amazing. Joy is knowing God created two spirits so complimentary to one another and then made a way for them to find one another.

I'm off to make pizza dough in my ruffle-y heels and vintage tablecloth apron.


3 comments:

  1. The pizza crust sounds wonderful, Brie. Just might make some this week! I am anxious to see the shoes too. Won't it be nice to wear sandals again? And as for Jake...well, you are exactly right. He's that perfect! And you are a sweet match, you two.

    Love,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering what to make for dinner... pizza sounds like it might be what we're having. Wish I had some ricotta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very similar pizza dough recipe- so so good! But being raised in the Taylor family my mom had to come up with some cheap dinners- the favorite pizza- hamburger hotdog pizza! It is my kids favorite too- the strange things we pass on to our kids!

    I so wish I could wear high heels- too bad for me and my fat cankles- they look ridiculous in heels, too bad my husband would then be 2 or 3 inches shorter then me, and too bad I don't have enough coordination to walk in them with out falling flat on my face!! Wear them and enjoy them for me K?!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top