Black Bean Salad

I love this stuff. I could eat it every day of my life and never get tired of it. Really. Like fo' shiz' really. We had it for lunch today, and I couldn't believe I didn't think of it yesterday in my first round of "staples."

2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 - 1 c frozen corn, thawed
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
1 TBL lime juice
a few cilantro leaves
dash of garlic powder
salt/pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and toss together.

Enjoy it with a fork, tortilla chips, in a tortilla, or over some lettuce. You will be in-love, too.

Note: You can pretty much use whatever kind of beans you have on hand. Today we used pinto and Great Northern. And because you either love or hate cilantro, use it or don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top