Alice, Highway Robbery, and Poems

This morning I went for a run with Alice. She has her longest distance under her belt. 2.67 miles according to runkeeper. She did really well and only almost tripped me once. And only almost caused me to fall flat on my face in the middle of the street once as well. When we got to the point where we could see Dot [our house], she bolted in front of me. I magically stayed on my feet. Phew. I don't think I'll run too far with her while she's still young, but I do enjoy running with her, even if she makes me stop to tree a squirrel, and even if I have to carry a little bag for a ways after she does her business. Running with her makes me feel like I'm coaching someone along instead of getting all critical and bored with myself.

After I picked Magnolia up from school, we went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for her. I really went to pick up this prescription yesterday morning, and then the pharmacy tech told me how much it was, and I spent the rest of the morning trying to see if we could find an alternative. No such luck. $97.50. Don't worry, insurance saved us $150.49. For real. Doesn't the universe know it's September? And that September my least favorite month in terms of finances? 20 more days until payday. 

I was listening to the Writer's Almanac on NPR. I count myself lucky that it comes on at 11 AM when I'm on my way to get M from school. Today is Mary Oliver's birthday. I hadn't read any of her poems, so I went to the library and picked up two of her books. I'm enjoying them so far. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Mary Oliver! One of my favorite poems of all time is "In Blackwater Woods."

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top