A Rare Gift?

We got home from Illinois Wednesday evening. I turned on the TV after we got settled for our 5:30 ritual of watching Nightly News with Brian Williams, and a crazy LOUD buzzing fills the air. The picture and sound are still there, but are completely overshadowed by the buzz. We looked it up on-line, and everything we saw indicates our TV is dying. We looked up new models, we had one we really liked. We woke up the next morning and were going to go get it...that's when I said, "Maybe we can hold off for a while."

Haven't you ever wanted to get rid of TV? I've thought a lot about cutting the cord, but I didn't want to sabotage my friend (or foe). So here we are on day FIVE of no TV. Which also means I haven't watched the Olympics in FIVE days. I don't know that I want to be at home all day without it, but, for now, why not?

3 comments:

  1. So brave. I would love to get rid of the TV, but sometimes it's a lifesaver for me. I know we watch way too much. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one you can borrow/buy. The remote doesn't work, but the picture is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BrieAnn,
    I posted the talk just for you...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top