Josephine

I love to ride my bike. I got her for Christmas, if you recall. Her name came down to two choices, Clementine or Josephine. I was riding down a hill in Holdenville not long after I got her. It's the hill that takes you under the railroad tracks and eventually to the cemetery. The wind was blowing through my hair, I rounded a curve, and I was flying. Now you are all singing a song. I couldn't help it, she was Josephine.

Jake has been working until 10 each night this week. Cora and I have been riding to Douglas Park. We have a specific path. Hudson to 32nd, 32nd to Walker, down the hill across 36th, past the park on 38th to Shartel. Shartel to 44th, 44th to Lee. Douglas Park is at 45th. It's our favorite park to play at.

Jake has also been riding his bike to work. There's something lovely about getting from point A to B without using a car. I prefer it. It's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to Chicago. Walking, bike riding, buses, trains. I like being connected to places. That happens much more when I breathe in trees and freshly cut grass, feel sprikler mist on my feet, hear the bird chirrping and wind chimes. I just love it.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to ride a bike! It's the two kids and a trailor in tow that don't sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days with my first...ahhh to be young again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait- Chicago and riding through trees and freshly cut grass- it's the city there!! How bout muggers that decide they want your Josephine?! Ha- just kidding!! If I thought I could take my kids on a bike ride and not fall over maybe I'd do it- maybe one day I'll be brave and get back on a bikd- it's been like 15 years- no exaggerating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm admittedly not looking forward to the trailer, but for now, I have the best child carrier ever. It's called the Weeride Kangaroo Carrier, and it attaches between my seat and the handle bars, so Cora sits in front of me while we ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this part about living in Boston too. The only bad part is the roads here are TERRIBLE! Have Fun though!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top