Not just any fish - Update

[Update below]

This is so dumb - I've spent far too much time on it already. I took Cora and Magnolia to the science museum today. We were looking at the little aquarium, and that's when I saw him.*

I saw him out of the corner of my eye and thought "wow, a shark." I was quickly startled when I thought he upside down, and I was like "oh no! The biggest fish in this tank is a goner, and Cora will wonder why, and how will I explain..."

And then I saw this thing on his head. I don't know how to describe it. Something with a texture like the soft grip handle of my venus razor.
It didn't belong. Was it some sort of suction on the top of its head? It was too perfect a shape, and the wavy lines...fish are supposed to have all scales or all...hmmm, shark/whale skin. And it was raised a little, all the way around. I don't know why this was so unsettling. Like I saw it 8 hours ago. I just wanted to peel that portion of off the fish so I would stop being bothered by it. It was almost like a flap because of how it was raised.

I've got it. A schick silk effects razor no slip handle. That's what it was like, with the waves, and similar shape and rise...Why does a fish need a rubber razor handle component?!?!


I know I'm not the only one who has been this sensitive to something that I know should not be this disturbing, but it is. There were no labels for the fish on the tanks. I emailed the museum right before I wrote this in hopes of finding an answer. Has anyone else seen this fish?

UPDATE: Thanks to a certain "Nat Ann," I found out the the fish in question is a Remora Fish. Here are some pictures [and maybe you'll see why I was so caught off guard by it]:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top