When I wake up, there will be snow.

Today was a day of preparation. The great Snowpocalypse is bearing down on Oklahoma City as I type. Magnolia got the day rolling at 4:47. Her gums are getting ready for her second tooth to come through. She needed me, all day. And I don't mind too much, but 4:47 was really, really early.

During Magnolia's afternoon nap, Cora and I did the most logical thing I could think of: we made leg warmers. When browsing around for a tutorial, I came across the blog of a mother of two. After looking at her tutorial, I spent an extra minute looking around her blog when I came across her most recent post. She's fighting cancer. I watched a video of her husband shave her head after she lost her first big clump of hair. It's amazing what you learn when you're in search of something simple. I like her feisty, positive approach. I think you will too.

And then, not long after oohing and ahhing at how cute Magnolia looked in her leggings, I saw an invitation from my cousin, Tyson, asking me to like his and his wife's adoption page. They have been trying to adopt a child for the last three years, and there is finally a feeling of hope for them, but they're going to need help. I'm going to devote a whole post to them before this week is over, and I know that some of you would love to help them in any way you can - because that's the kind of people you are.

For now, I'm listening to the sleet hit the windows. I've never been in a blizzard before. Something about the thought of snow falling and falling makes me feel like I'm suffocating. Like it could bury our house and we wouldn't be able to see out and nobody could get in. You know, because all twelve inches, give or take a few, will make that a possibility. I really do love snow, a lot actually, but again, I've never been in a snowy situation that caused more than a few inches to fall. Even in Chicago, I think seven was the most that fell at one time while we were there. Our faucets are dripping, our cabinet doors are open. Bring it.

My mom's birthday is tomorrow (2/1). I hope her day is fantastic. She's 22 years, 3 months and 2 days older than I am...any guesses? ;)

1 comment:

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top