I Like My Oatmeal Chunky

My gallbladder, that I lovingly refer to as Gally, has been in serious need of removal for about three years. I remember the first time I was aware I had a gallbladder, it was October 2004. Our insurance was super stinky at the time, so I waited. I can't count the nights I've spent up in pain - downing ibuprofen, Pepto-Bismol, and water in hopes of some relief. I finally got a job and great insurance, but I was pregnant. Doctors don't like to operate on pregnant ladies. I'm no longer pregnant, Gally is still there, and my insurance goes away at the end of August. I have a referral for a surgeon, but I need to have an ultrasound done so they can see what they're dealing with, and so I wait...I've called my doctor to get a referral for an ultrasound...that was last Thursday...and yesterday again.

So in the meantime I eat oatmeal. Gallstones can be made up of cholesterol, and oatmeal is supposed to reduce it. My favorite flavor is Maple and Brown Sugar. I never put as much water as it says I need, I like it a little chunky.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! You are such a great writer and your writings are so insightful and fun to read! You are a very cute mommy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't like oatmeal. Yuck! My mom used to make it all the time. I'm sure that was cheap for feeding 11 children. I hope you find out what's going on. It stinks to be in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my oatmeal chunky too!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top