Not for the Weary: Another Visit to the Doctor

If you don't want to know about my cervix...

stop reading now.

I went to the doctor again today. I visited with a super sweet OBGYN. We don't really know the really real cause of the pain yet, though we're pretty confident it's a cyst. I'm not too worried about it. The anti-inflammatory has changed the pain from sharp to a dull ache. In addition to my yearly girlie exam, I was also having a spot on my thigh checked out. I noticed it about a year ago, and it's now about the size of a quarter.

So I'm laying with my feet in the stirrups, and we're moving on the the questionable spot. She points to something and says, "Is this the mole you needed me to look at?"

"No, it's one the other side."

"Oh, this little thing, as she touches another spot."

Nope, not that one, it's more a brown spot than mole.

"Up here?"

"Yes, that's it."

"I wouldn't worry about that one, but this one [she goes back to the first one she found] should be removed."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. It has two different colors."

"I don't look down there enough to know."

[nurses laughing]

"Okay, well I can take it off for you."

"Thanks."

"Go ahead and get dressed, and I'm going to come back in and talk to you."

I got dressed, threw my napkin outfit away, and she came back in. She explained that while examining me, she saw that my cervix was a little blue, [which is an early sign of pregnancy if you're wondering why this is important] so she was sending me to the lab to get some blood work done to make sure I wasn't pregnant. After the lab, I scheduled my mole removal.

About an hour later she called to let me know I'm not pregnant, and that my blood work was normal. That is the second time this week I've heard that "delightful" news. If the pain persists after my next cycle, I'm going in for an ultrasound. Now I'm just waiting to hear the results of the pap smear: Yipee!

The end.

1 comment:

  1. I have been helping Mom get her blog up so I have not been reading everyones- that is so scary all the things you are going through! I hate passing out- maybe it's a Lund thing. Good luck on all the appts- hopefully soon they will have answers for you and when you do hear the "good news" it will be for real!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top