The littlest things

Jake spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon installing a new garage door opening apparatus. The garage door has always been automatic, but I've never had a remote for the car, and the garage door opener was so old that even universal remotes wouldn't program with it.

We've had the new system for a while, just sitting in the garage, but not much time to install it. Last week, the keypad that we used to get into the garage went out. It was inconvenient to get out of the car and go through the backyard to the garage's side door to push the button to open the door. Major problems, I know.

To make a long story short, I now have a remote in my [still unnamed] car that opens my garage door. This is huge. It's raining, so what? Except that our garage is detached so weather doesn't really matter. What does matter is that I don't have to get in and out of my car multiple times because I'm either opening or closing the door. That will save me almost two whole minutes each day.

I am really going to live it up with all this extra time I'm going to have.

PS: I was going to do my first vlog tonight (you know, video/blog). It was going to allow you to witness the magic of remote garage door opening. Unfortunately, Magnolia was having a hard time falling asleep and Jake was marathon grading, so I didn't want to just peace out and have her be hysterical and him not be able to do what he needed to get done (grades are due tomorrow at noon). I think we can all thank her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top