Floors

Everyone has their thing when it comes to clean. Mine are floors. If they are clean, everything else feels good.

A gleaming spread of beautiful hardwoods. Nothing is better.

With that being said, I've been on floor strike since winter. Since winter started. A little after Christmas. I kept cleaning up after we'd come in with wet boots, and one day - a day when I was quite ill - I decided that I wasn't going to clean them the way I love to until Spring came.

Well, today was the day. After yesterday's high of 47, and today's potential high of 70-something, I decided it would be okay.

I've been meaning to get to it for a while. I believe I'm in the nesting phase. I couldn't remember this part with Cora, but then I realized it was because it hit when I was in the hospital. And I did have the cleanest, nicest smelling room in all of OU Childrens Hospital. The doctors and nurses told me so. And I think I got special privileges because of it, like a pretty raspberry colored blanket, instead of a yucky pastel.

I took on the kitchen. Jake made his way on hands and knees through the living room and hallway. [We're saving the bedrooms for tomorrow.] It must be done that way - on hands and knees - when it hasn't been done on a regular basis. I'm lying on the couch right now, looking out across a job well done and feeling a contentment that hasn't been present in a while.

Tomorrow, we're rearranging our room to set up a "nursery" at one end. Our room is big. It will require converting Cora's newly converted toddler bed back into a crib, and moving the daybed in the guestroom into her room. Don't worry, we've gone over it. One is a "baby bed" that Magnolia will get to use, and the other is a "big girl bed" that Cora would get to use after Grandma's and Grandpa's visit. We let her pick out some new sheets. Her color options were a fun springy green, pink, or turquoise. Turquoise was the winner. I was secretly rooting for it. I chose those three colors because they coordinate with the decor her room will eventually have. I'll fill you in on that later.

Until next time, happy orange pine sol inhalations.


PS: I did spot clean our floors as necessary during my strike. I couldn't neglect my floors altogether. I needed you to know that.

PPS: I've had Greyson Michael Chance's cover of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi stuck in my head all day long.

PPPS: Jake picked up some Chipotle for our dinner on his way home from work. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. You and my mom. Floors.
    But it does feel so nice to have clean floors! Enjoy it.
    Chiplote...yum... honestly, tis the nectar of life.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top