Nerves

I've had issues with my sciatic nerve since I was in my mid teens. Every once in a while after certain activities, or when the weather is cool and damp (I don't know how that works), my lower back begins to ache and it resonates down one side through my thigh and knee all the way down my leg. I take some ibuprofen or acetaminophen and feel relief after a while. Some instances require a few doses. I'm used to it.

Yesterday, my birthday to be exact, I was walking around Target and this sharp burning sensation went through the right side of my lower back. Weird. I kept walking. It kept shooting. All day long, and still today. It hurts to walk. I spent the morning in bed. I don't like this one bit. I was feeling some relief when I sat or laid down, but now when I sit I have the achiness I'm used to. You know, and then the sharp pain when I walk. I hope this does not last long. My parents are coming at the end of the week, and they've not been to Chicago yet.

I have an OB appointment tomorrow. When I was pregnant with Cora, I always told people I felt like I could run a marathon. I felt great! It's been a wee bit different this time around. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow. That's the point I went into labor with Cora. I'm holding my breath and counting my blessings that some things aren't quite the same.

1 comment:

  1. So BrieAnn~ I am sorry about your sisatic nerve issue...that sucks. Tell your momma hi for me! Hopefully this pregnancy is a bit better then the last...:0~

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top