Windows

I love windows.

And I like rooms with nice views.

My current in-bed post affords me quite a lovely view. I get to look out across Hyde Park Blvd. It's covered in a canopy of trees. I like to watch neighbors walk the sidewalks and people running to catch the bus. Today there are a lot of children playing in our communal yard.

Mine is one of them, thanks to Mary, a friend from church. Cora adores Mary, and I'm glad for that.

Contractions have been pretty sparse compared to normal. I have mixed feelings about it. Obviously, I want a healthy child, but after one is sucked into the vortex of preterm labor, waiting becomes very difficult. She could come at any time, or not for several weeks, though the likelihood is sooner rather than later. It's the not knowing.

I was looking on craigslist for a place to live in OKC. To my astonishment and sheer delight, I saw thatthe lower unit in our old duplex was for rent. It's my favorite place I'be ever lived, and in an area of the city I would want to plant myself forever. I emailed our old landlord. Living there would mean a months worth of double rent. Double anything is a hard pill for this cheapo to swallow. But I would do it to live there. It has a basement and a sunroom. And some of the greatest expanses of windows I've ever seen.

And a back yard. Dreamy.

If we could get that, and hear back from OCU about a job, I would be as happy as a piggy in slop - even if I'm still lying around all day.

OCU -We want to work for you. We always have. And we want to be an active part of your community for a really, really long time. I've been thinking about Wanda, and how she will always be such a treasure in my life. I loved talking to her about art. She passed away during my three weeks of labor with Cora. I always wished I could have had one last uplifting conversation with her.

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT would be dreamy....your little family close by. Yesterday, Preston said he hopes you move near us because you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top